Save Tonight

It's so simple really, when you think of it.

Out here, on the edge of the world, on a cliff that leads to the leap of faith. So simple, yet so underestimated. I always wanted to know more. What's on the other side? Where do time and space take us?

Full of those questions, so global so big, but in my little universe so insignificant.
In my little universe, other things matter. How do I feel right now? Will I see tomorrow? Why am I alone? It's so calm and peaceful, so soothing I never want to leave, but what awaits beyond the leap is a world I feel I am pulled to. Is it really that simple? Do you just jump and you'll be there? In the other world? If it's so easy, why am I scared?

So I sit for a while longer. I sit and hope for something to happen, though I'm not sure what. Tonight is just a single moment in time, so irrelevant. Tomorrow, there will be another tonight, and the day after, and the day after that. So simple, so, so simple.

Why is tonight so important then? Why do I feel this strange force running through me? Tonight is the night of the leap, but if tomorrow will be another tonight, could I postpone this? There is something special about tonight. I don't know yet. But tonight is almost over, and I am still sitting on the cliff, waiting. Waiting for what?

Then a hand lays down on my shoulder. I turn around, scared. But what I see...
Is me.
I take my own hand and help myself get up. "Come on.", I say, "We can do this another night. But not tonight. Let's save tonight."

I smile. I take myself by the hand and walk away from the cliff.
It was simple, oh so simple. And I found what was missing. I was waiting for someone to come and save me, not realizing that's not what I need. Not realizing all I needed was...
Me.

The most reliable person for you is you. Trust yourself.

Cicmila

No comments:

Post a Comment