Letter #1 "Memories"

My most perfect,

I remember the day I met you, I remember the wish you made while we were looking at the stars together, when we didn't even know each others names. But it didn't matter. It never mattered. Words were not worthy. They simplified a thousand times that what we wanted to say.

I remember your hair was messed up with some leaves and grass. You looked so beautiful. The city beneath us was wrapped in mist, and it was like we were above the skies, in heaven or some place similar. I know you never liked the idea of heaven. You said it makes people less interested to find peace in this world.

But the scene is what matters. Two of us, two complete strangers, both feeling a soul mate nearby. We sat for hours. You were looking at the stars, and I was looking at you. That night, you were missing someone. Not only could I see it in your eyes, but you told me something I will never forget for as long as I live.

"You know why I love looking up? It's because when I miss someone, no matter how far they are, we are both looking at the same sky. And I know that if he looks up right now, he will see the same thing I see. So after all, we're not all that far away."

Your big round eyes then fell on me. Oh, dearest, every time you would look at me it is as if you see me the first time, but that night... I remember falling. I was falling for so long, but I wasn't afraid because I knew you would be there to catch me. I fell. I fell in love. I fell for you.
You had such a beautiful smile, I wish I could see it again, but...

I know you can't remember what happened an hour ago, so I won't ask you to remember something fifty years ago. My love, all I want you to do is keep this letter. Because I won't be here anymore to tell you how much I love you. I won't be able to take you to the garden every night to watch the stars with you and enjoy your perfect view of the world through your innocent, child-like eyes.

I must go now. You will be fine, and we will meet again. We will be young again, in a special place, just you and me, looking at the stars. Keep dreaming love, and whenever you miss me, just remember, we're both looking at the same sky.

Forever yours,

The one never completely worthy


 - Madame, you have a letter.
 - Oh? Who's it from?
 - It's from your husband.
 - Really? I didn't know I have a husband. What's he like?
 - I am afraid... He's no longer with us. But, he asked me to take you outside, to see the stars.
 - Stars, you say? I like stars. I remember once, when I was young, I watched stars with a beautiful man. I don't remember his name, though... Did you know, child, that when you miss someone, you need only to look at the sky? It is because......


Cicmila

No comments:

Post a Comment