The Controversial Keys, part 3

Make sure you check out parts 1 and 2!(http://storytimewithcicmila.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-controversial-keys-part-1.html http://storytimewithcicmila.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-controversial-keys-part-2.html)

...
Alex was a quiet boy in my class. He was a violinist, and a very good one, but he didn't talk a lot. One day we had an assignment to pair up and compose a two minute piece. Since I was still a pretty lone girl, everybody had already paired up, except for Alex.
We stayed a few times after class and worked in a separate classroom, getting our piece done. It was a nice blend of soothing piano background and a thrilling violin solo. We both liked it, and it fitted our personalities. How ever quiet Alex may have seemed, he was very enthusiastic and passionate about his music.
When the piece was finished, we had practice less frequent. The presentation was due two weeks from now, so we met every third day to play it once or twice. In class, he would smile at me when I would catch his eye, but aside from that we didn't communicate a lot. Still, that was enough for me.

So the day has arrived of our presentation and the whole amphitheater was filled with students of all classes and a few professors as well.We did not dream that it would get that big, thinking it is a simple closed project. I was so nervous I threw up at one point, but Alex helped me to keep my cool.

The piano was there, near the center of the stage, showered by bright yellow light. It was calling me, this was my moment to shine. I, most of all, didn't want to fail Alex.
So, there it came, my first public performance.

Cicmila

No comments:

Post a Comment