Lust - Confession #1

I confess.
Lust.

I grew up in a small city. I am a catholic. I was a good daughter. I didn't have any siblings, because my mother died when she gave me life. I like looking at her picture. I look a lot like her. My father is a good man. A farmer. Just, loyal... He's a good man.

I went to a small school with a class of twelve.I had the best grades. I studied for hours every day while my friends were out partying. I was the best of the best, and my dream was to go to a big city to study.

My school gave out one scholarship every year to the best student. That was my ticket out. So on our graduation day, I sat confident that I had achieved my goal. Then, the principal called out the name of the scholarship award winner.

The mayor's daughter.

She went off to the big city, finished the prestige college, and I stayed here, and became a teacher, convincing myself that that is what my mother would want me to do. My dad passed away, proud of me so much that he would raise to the sky every time he would see me.

The mayor's daughter lived my dream in the big city, working on top of a skyscraper. Once, I went to the big city. I was walking past a restaurant when I saw her. She was everything I dreamed of being.
That was MY dream she was living!
MY life!

I WANT IT BACK!

...so I took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment