Unlike You

There's an ache in the back of my head
But I don't mind
I didn't go out of line
It reminds me that I am not dead

Unlike you.

I see you every day, walking around
But your eyes are empty
It's like your soul
Is nowhere to be found.

You don't want to listen
The only words you really know
Are the ones that are written

But those aren't words you hear, they're letters
And letters can't hurt
Unlike words that beat you until you can't breathe
And leave you lying in the dirt

You can't fight back, they disappear
It's like they run away
They don't want to face you
They can't stand your fear

And you are afraid
If you're not you're a fool
And I know you're not, because once
...You had a soul.

And I can't promise tomorrow will be better
But I can hope
And as long as there's mystery in the air
And a letter to tear,

While there's faith to be burned
And stories to be told
I will fight for that tomorrow, and the day after
I will fight for you

Because there's an ache in the back of my head.
And I know... I am not dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment